Friday, July 29, 2016

The Few Specifically Preferred Products

I rarely endorse specific products.  However, when I discover a distinct combination of quality, positive characteristics, and value, I do like to share the results of my time and energy with my friends and family, to save them the efforts.  I am not compensated in any way by any person, entity, or company for my preferences, or for this blog as a whole.


1 oz. Silicon Ice Cube Trays (for DIY smoothie packs).  I believe I chose these based on Amazon reviews.  I don't remember.  I link this for a visual aid only; I have not tried others. 


Balsamic Vinegar 
  • Kirkland Signature, the best I've yet found at a reasonable price.  I like this one so much, I usually drink a spoonful when I cook with it.  It's thick and mildly sweet, robust, not just "acidic and vinegary," which is also why I'm effectively making my own hot sauce with the chipotle, adobo, and balsamic. 

Bouillon Paste
  • Better Than Bouillon means I can make near-instant soup without going to the trouble and time to make stock, or carrying cartons and cartons of what's essentially water home from the grocery run, and it tastes like homemade, unlike the dry cube kinds.  Costco carries 16 oz. jars of Beef and Chicken for well under $10.

Bread
Espresso, Instant


Herbs, Freeze-Dried
  • Litehouse Instantly Fresh Herb Blends (Salad and Poultry are the only ones I've tried) are expensive and somewhat difficult to find, but they're the only herb blends I've ever tried that I don't I can make better.  Cheaper yes, so one day I will refine my own blends.

Teas

  • Trader Joe's Mango & Chile Black Tea is absolutely delicious, even if I do have to add a little of  their Scorpion Dried Chile Flakes to spice it up a bit.  It helps with headaches and congestion.

Whey Protein Powder  I looked at third-party testing to aid my choice.  I wanted the best value per gram of protein, the least contaminants, and the least additives--I want to buy one powder and I can flavor it many ways myself.
  • NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Unflavored (1 scant scoop = 20g protein):  I chose this one because it scored well when third-party tested for quality and value, and it was available on Amazon when the previous option was discontinued.  This has less of a 'cooked milk flavor' and works better in smoothies.
  • Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein, Natural (2 scoops = 20g protein):  I chose this one because it scored well when third-party tested for quality and value, and it was available on Amazon, however it was soon discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment